Thursday, March 10, 2011

Do little girls need a spa/salon?

Usually I applaud ingenuity in finding a niche business. But a beauty spa for little girls age 1-17 years old? Nah.

I picked up a free-circ magazine/newspaper at the library this week called Columbus Parent. I think I may have the first issue in my premiere issue collection, but since I'm waiting for the paint on the shelves to cure, the magazines are a bit difficult to look at. I was going to compare the ads.

So I checked the web link--didn't work, but found it on Facebook--located in Grove City, Ohio. The note said they were cuting back due to health reasons.

"We are a full service salon and spa serving girls 1-17 yrs old! Hair Cuts, Manicures & Pedicures, Make-overs, Birthday Parties! We will schedule appointments up till 9 pm on Friday and Saturdays. Sunday is for parties and large groups." I guess inviting a few friends over for cake and ice cream and party games is too retro these days.

Just what and how is a make-over for a 3 year old, I wonder? She's practically brand new!

No comments: