Monday, February 25, 2013

Les Paul and Mary Ford, Monday Memories

            295492_498539710196936_465631011_n[1]

Metal Recommendations is giving away Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty 1957 2 PU VOS on Facebook.

I don't need a Les Paul Black Beauty, but can think of others who might. I remember listening to Les Paul and Mary Ford in the 1950s on 78 records in the family "music room" in our house at 4 South Hannah. In the back of the house overlooking the pine trees, the music room held the family piano, Carol’s saxophone, my trombone, Mom’s cello and the children’s record player.  In the evening the room doubled as my dad's office.  It also had a closet with built in shelves where books were stored.  Our piano was an upright, purchased used when we lived in Forreston, with a black varnish on it.  My mother refinished it to a lovely light walnut, I think.    Carol’s sax was originally my Uncle Clare’s as I recall, but was probably traded in later for one with better pads. One of my niece’s now has the cello, although a great-grandchild plays cello.  My trombone was sold in the 1960s before we moved to Columbus, although I do have one of much lower quality now.

            Joanne Dave Julie at piano

But back to guitars.  We do have a guitar in our house.  My husband got one for Christmas 2011, and is teaching himself not only guitar, but how to read music.  He says he want to be better before he takes lessons.

             Bob guitar

No comments: