Sunday, December 07, 2014

Do you have a college age son?

Mayor deBlasio says he has warned his bi-racial son about the police (who protect the family, btw). He's married to a black, former lesbian. But I digress. If I had a college age son I'd warn him about the campus rape-hysteria. The UVA isn't the first and won't be the last. I'd suggest not going to bars because if he takes a girl home she'll accuse him of putting a rape drug in her drink. I'd suggest he not live in a co-ed dorm that the universities encourage and sanction. Even after a relationship of 3 months and her climbing into his bed, he can be accused of rape (I think this was in a Philadelphia paper). Even if she signs a paper saying the sex was mutually agreeable, she can claim coercion. I'd suggest never being outside his apartment or dorm after 10 p.m. because all the notices I get from OSU seem to be about 2 a.m. crimes. I'd tell him that the presumption of innocence does not apply when the accusation is rape, and the case will be handled by the campus police and a kangaroo court, not experienced officers or our judicial system. Not that he would listen to me. . . but I'd nag anyway.

No comments: