This article suggests five, and then ways to add it to your diet.
10 easy ideas:
- Sprinkle cinnamon into your coffee, or add it to your coffee grounds before brewing.
- Add a dash or two of cinnamon to hot oatmeal, overnight oats, or cold whole grain cereal.
- Fold cinnamon into yogurt, along with cooked, chilled quinoa, fresh cut fruit, and nuts or seeds.
- Freeze cinnamon in ice cubes to add zest and aroma to water or cocktails.
- Season roasted or grilled fruit with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Stir cinnamon into almond butter, or any nut or seed butter, and use as a dip for fresh apple or pear wedges or a filling for celery.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon to lentil or black bean soup, or vegetarian chili.
- Season roasted cauliflower, sweet potatoes, spaghetti, and butternut squash with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon onto popped popcorn.
- Stir a little cinnamon into melted dark chocolate and drizzle over whole nuts to make spicy ‘bark’ or use as a dip or coating for fresh fruit.