At least for Catholics. We didn’t hear that at our Lutheran church.
Jesus said, “I came that they might have life and have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10) Today there are Christians who don’t see that statement of Jesus extended to the unborn.
- Defenders of life are vilified in our culture; we’re troublemakers who don’t want the best for women (even though over half of the aborted are female).
- Defenders of life are called anti-science for not wanting embryos used in medical labs, or body parts of fetuses sold for medical research.
- Defenders of life are called haters and homophobes for defending marriage.
- Defenders of life are out of step with the culture because casual fluid relationships are not acceptable to us.
- Defenders of life are hassled by the pro-euthanasia crowd because assisting the sick and dying is just too hard for people.
- Defenders of life are called stingy if we don’t want our tax dollars supporting Planned Parenthood’s slaughter houses.
- Defenders of life are told, even by our President, that “black lives matter,” but not that “all lives matter,” even the weakest who cannot speak for themselves.
Defenders of life are called by Christ to be the counter-culture.
(HT David Garick, editor, Catholic Times, Diocese of Columbus)
“Our worth is based not on our skills or levels of productivity. Rather, we discover our worth when we discover our true identity found in the unchangeable, permanent fact that we are created in God’s image and likeness and called to an eternal destiny with him.” http://catholicherald.com/