Tuesday, November 17, 2015

“Kiss the devil” was being sung

The band was seven songs into a sold-out concert  at the 19th-century Le Bataclan theater in Paris when its performance of “Kiss the Devil” was interrupted by gunfire. Band members escaped through a backstage exit, but their fans were picked off one by one.  On Saturday the band cancelled the remaining 20 dates on the European tour.  For many, the rest of their lives were cancelled.

“Kiss The Devil” – by Eagles Of Death Metal

Who’ll love the Devil?
Who’ll song his song?
Who will love the Devil and his song?

I’ll love the Devil
I’ll sing his song
I will love the Devil and his song

Who’ll love the Devil?
Who’ll kiss his tongue?
Who will kiss the Devil on his tongue?

I’ll love the Devil
I’ll kiss his tongue
I will kiss the Devil on his tongue

As the French death metal fans were singing along with those lyrics, offering their love to Satan, the Devil responded.

No comments: