Saturday, December 26, 2015

The church of climate change

Some of my friend, particularly on Facebook, are atheists. I just deleted their names from this post, even though they are proud of it. That's how I am about "human caused climate change." We atheists (on that religion) are called "deniers." Yes, indeed. I live where there used to be a glacier. There are beautiful homes and walls in Ohio built with stones brought here from Canada long before people or equipment burning fossil fuel. I don't know exactly what to call their theology and ecclesiology, or if Algore is still high priest, but politicians have their hands in the collection plates. And they are so phony in their concern.  Hundreds will waste millions of gallons of jet fuel just to get to the communion rail at the same time. Neither party is safe from proselitizing, and they like to sing those happy clappy 7/11 songs and raise their hands and swing and sway for non-existent gods.

The media are the holy scribes. 

They will demonize you as heretics.

Don't expect a debate, you're a non-persons.

And boy, can they whine!

1 comment:

Don said...

I am an atheist who denies anthropogenic global warming (AGW). I see the element of faith that supports the bad science in AGW and reject it along with every other religion.

I'm not proud of my atheism, nor unproud. It's just what it is, a convenient term to sort-of describe my worldview. But I guess we look proud when proselytizing in our way, buy loudly rejecting belief systems that seem from our perspective to do more harm than good. Some people of faith often come off as proud of their decisions and affiliations too.

Research has shown that atheists are the least-trusted of people. This makes no sense, until you consider where the people surveyed are coming from. They think that the atheists' morals come from the wrong place, or that they believe they can get away with doing bad things, or are somehow lying to themselves. No one who does those things can be trusted. But of course, to us, this describes many religious people instead.

All that is by way of commiserating with you on the rejection that deniers experience. Whether denying climate-change religions or denying the Abrahamic religions, we are considered somehow missing a piece, or perhaps being contentious, and are thus less worthy.

I shrug.