Thursday, March 18, 2004

266 Don't do as I say

The early morning customers like to sit around the fireplace, so my chair was only about 6 inches from the young Catholic (uniform) student behind me. I saw him carrying the bracket sheet for the NCAA tournament being held here in Columbus--the March Madness. Soon Mom and Dad joined him at his table. Cozy.

Then I hear Dad say, "Don't be caught at school with that. It's gambling. They'll crucify you." "Is not," young boy said. "What'd ya pay?" said Dad. "inaudible" son's reply. "Why is she doing it?" said Dad. "inaudible" said son. "She barfed in the trash can?" said Dad. "Oh no. A hair on my roll." Obviously, the conversation was drifting away from basketball, perhaps the intention of the young boy. Later I heard Dad advising his son on which team to enter in the brackets.

No comments: