Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Need cinnamon

I used the last of my cinnamon making an apple pie.  I’m within walking distance of a Penzey store, but I won’t shop there.  Bill Penzey doesn’t want anyone in his store who voted for Trump.

"Well. I’m a conservative who did not vote for Trump, but I don’t want any part of Bill Penzey’s sanctimony and condescension. I’m not a big one for boycotts, and it doesn’t bother me one bit if a merchant holds political opinions opposed to my own, and advocates for his or her candidate or issue. That’s what America is about. But I’m not about to spend a solitary sou, farthing, or pfennig in the store of a merchant who has such open contempt for people like me. No, I didn’t vote for Trump, but as far as I’m concerned, I would like for Bill Penzey to assume that I did. I know lots of good men and women who voted for Trump, and the idea that Bill Penzey despises them puts me off of his business for good."

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/bill-penzey-spices-trump/

No comments: