Wednesday, January 02, 2008

4481

New tires

sure do feel good when there's an inch of snow on the ground and traffic has ground it down to ice. I was parked on a little incline at the coffee shop, sensed a little slippage, but not much. I bought them about 3 weeks ago. I so rarely watch TV that if it weren't for e-mails, I wouldn't know what else is going on. Lots of snow in northern Illinois and northern Ohio.

USAToday reports that Miami could have 30 degrees, and frigid temps will go as far south as Key West. Detroit yesterday had a 7 hour storm that dropped 15" of snow in three counties. O'Hare cancelled 150 flights due to the weather. A 100" snow storm is being forecast by computer models for the northwest. I think they already have quite a bit--maybe they mean 100" accumulation.

Meanwhile, Al Gore, call home. You've messed up some expectations.

This map from Weather Underground shows the deepest snow as a light coral color. Don't miss the wonderful photos at this site.

My frozen car door blog is getting many hits today.

<<<<<---------and in other news-------->>>>>

My husband is still "under the weather" so he's cancelled the exercise class today at UALC Lytham Rd, and I'm picking up his paintings at an art show that comes down today. So I've changed into corduroy slacks and flat shoes, and I'm off to battle the elements.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Al Gore said it would never snow again! What a jerk! Fall and winter prove him to be Lie-beral Defeato-Islamo-ALA-fascist.

Norma said...

Your words, not mine. All I said was . . . oh well, I know you don't read.

JAM said...

We're almost dead center on the Florida Atlantic coast and they're telling us maybe 30 to 32 degrees in the night tonight (Wed).

Hope your husband gets better. I went back to work today, but I'm still sniffling and coughing a bit.