Friday, April 24, 2009

How about that fun game, Shaken Baby?

This one mystifies me. How did it make it from the bar where the drunk gamers were yukking it up, "Listen, [belch] what if," get on the drawing board, and make it past adults in the marketing department of Apple?

Why not, "steal the food from the homeless guy" or "tape the puppy's mouth shut and tie him in the hot sun," or "assault the substitute math teacher." "Hey," as one blogger indignantly said, "it's just a game. It's not like it was real."

3 comments:

Kate said...

It *IS* just a game -- there's no real baby, there's not even a picture of a baby, it's a drawing. If anything, the game demonstrates just how easily one can "kill" a baby by shaking it. Sorry, I don't see the need for outrage and I honestly don't believe anyone would look at this game and go "hey, let's go shake a baby!" I can't believe the outrage, to be honest with you. People just need to have something to complain about I guess.

Norma said...

Kate, I disagree. If people are dumb enough to think up this game, others are dumb enough to try it. I've never played a computer game in my life, and this is sickening. And trust me, I have more than enough to complain about.

Kelli said...

So by Kate's reasoning, pretending to rape a child would be okay as a website widget -- it's not real and no one is getting hurt!

Has Kate NEVER seen the articles of children being severely injured and/or dying from following stunts like those performed by the "Jackass" show fools?