Thursday, April 23, 2009

17 year olds and the morning after pill

Will the pharmacy be in trouble if it doesn't report abuse (underage sex) of a minor and parental neglect or will only Wal-Mart be held accountable since it was open and nothing else was. Here's some comments on the side effects of the Plan B abortificant and the federal judge now says your child can get without your knowledge from About.com Women's Health. Don't you think these worried women/girls should be asking a doctor, or their mothers instead of a computer screen? This is 3rd world witch doctor stuff.
    I took the morning after pills 2 weeks ago and since then having stomach discomfort, pain and backache every now and then. A week ago, I had my menstrual. Unfortunately still having the same discomfort and pain after 4 days. Is what I am going through normal? cami

    I took the morning after pill 4 days ago and i am still suffering from abdominal pain i feel pressure on my abdomen giving me an urge to pass urine. I also have noticed some vaginal spotting ( little bit of blood). I don’t know if this is normal and how long it should go on for, everyone i know has never experienced these symptonms. JJ

    i took the morning after pill 5 days ago was on my period the week before taking it have been bleeding for around 2 days discoloured blood sort of orangy coloured is this normal after taking this? Kayla

    I’ve taken this pill once and I will never EVER taken it again. My body is SO screwed up!

    I took the pill back in the end of March of 07. I had a very heavy period with lots of clotting a couple of weeks later that lasted 2 1/2 weeks. I didn’t have any nausea or back pain like that has been mentioned here though. The period lasted from end of April through Mothers Day weekend (which is in MAY). I did not have another period until September of 07 that lasted for almost 2 weeks of heavy bleeding and passing clots. It’s now the middle of January of 08 and still have not had a cycle since Sept. All of my tests I’ve taken (home and at the health clinic) have been negative for pregnancy. I need to get an appt with my gynecologist, but have any of you experienced LACK of periods as a side effect with this pill? Mel

    I took the day after pill on the 26 and now its ben 3 weeks. I been having spotting bleeding. though I notice it only when I wipe. I am expected to have my next pireod on the 21 or 24. Is it normal for wipe little dots of blood? Sandy

    Hey. After having very drunken sex with not a regular partner nearly 3 week ago, i took the emergency pill as soon as the chemist open the morning after. Since then about a week later i had what i thought was a period, but it was only light and lasted 2 days. After only jus finishing my period the day before the incident i thought this was rather strange. My next period is due on saturday, and i’ve been having servere stomache cramps since monday? I’m now beginning to stress as i don’t really understand the whole light period thing. Being only 16, it was one stupid silly mistake, which i regret. I’ve decided that if i don’t come on by the weekend then i’m going to take a pregnancy test anyway. I’ll keep u posted. If anybody’s had any of the similar symptons, please feel free to let me know. Thanx. Loz
Reading through these I see a number who talk about "unprotected sex with my boyfriend" which seems to be the popular, but wordy phrase, or who stopped using their regular birth control. Is this what you liberals intended for children? It would be my guess, based on the correct grammar, spelling and use of apostrophes, some of these are from older women, or they are made up fantasies. It's likely that all age restrictions will be removed, so I guess 5 and 10 years olds will be able to buy them too--no questions asked.

In his ruling, Judge Edward Korman said that "FDA staffers were told the White House had been involved in the decision on Plan B. The government said in court papers that politics played no role." Well why not. The President supports infanticide for botched abortions; what's it to him if children get this drug? He's got the Secret Service to go on his daughters' dates.
    The standard dose of the Levonelle 2 morning-after pill comprises two tablets each containing 750µg of levonorgestrel that are taken as a single dose. Girls or women taking Levonelle 2 therefore receive 1,500µg of levonorgestrel in the course of a day. By contrast, the Norgeston daily mini-pill contains just 30µg of levornogestrel. Levonelle 2 thus delivers 50 times the daily dose of the mini-pill.

    The summary of product characteristics for Levonelle 2, a type of morning-after pill, states that patients who have used this type of pill and who nevertheless become pregnant should be evaluated for ectopic pregnancy. Other sources3 confirm this, and ectopic pregnancies are a significant cause of maternal deaths4.

    Other side-effects include nausea, vomiting and tenderness of breasts5. Link



HT Gayle

No comments: