Thursday, April 23, 2009

The New Thompson Library at Ohio State

My husband's e-mail this morning offered him a place in this afternoon's tour (no open shoes, and long pants, please). He thought about it, then said no. I suppose I eventually will get an invite--although I never got one for the new Veterinary Medicine Library (which I spent my last 2 years on) when it opened. And now they're talking about closing it less than a decade later. Anyway, here's the photo. It seems to be real, not a mock-up--looks like construction equipment there in the front.



I have no idea, not having been inside, what all that glass is about. It's death and destruction for paper materials, causes glare on computer screens, blinds the staff, and makes a building very hard to heat and cool. But, oh well, the tax payers will get the invoice--and since the planning was started in the 90s, we won't put this one on Strickland or Obama.

No comments: