Saturday, April 18, 2009

Great legs

No one has ever suggested I have them. I had short, stubby legs as a kid, and still do. Fat does shift around. My waist is now larger than my right thigh, but that wasn't the case for many years. I've even tried standing on my head, but nothing worked.

Small waists and pear shape are definitely the healthy plan, but that's not how you get attention. Here's what one of those waist to hip calculators says:
    Your shape puts you at reduced risk of coronary heart disease, diabetes and stroke. Frequently referred to as pear shape, you tend to keep fat off your midsection and more on your hips. Your body does not convert this lower body fat as readily as midsection fat, which keeps cholesterol down.
Recently I've seen a stunning blonde at the coffee shop. Don't know her age, but if she's not 40, she's at least close (either side). She has long, long legs; high high heels; short short skirts. I'm not usually a leg watcher, but I tell you, she is something else and turns a lot of heads.

I don't know her career track, but it's somewhere at the bottom (or else she's the boss of a small company) because they send her to pick up the morning snacks. Yesterday it was bagels; today it was 8-10 cups of orange juice. I may not have great legs but I gave up being a go-fer when I was 21 and the secretary in an Indianapolis tool and die company.

Come to think of it, if she were the owner treating the staff or clients, she'd buy a gallon of OJ at the grocery store instead of purchasing individually filled cups.

3 comments:

Norma said...

Last night I'd planned to have a Slim Fast for dinner because my husband was out of town on business, but instead I took the frozen pizza out and reheated it. Yummy, but it's faster just to paste it to my thighs.

Anonymous said...

am still eating Easter jelly beans,even tho the dentist said Tuesday I have to return to have a failing composite filling failing...I never learn....after 32 years working for a dentist and waiting the weight I still have no will power when it comes to jelly beans.I have always wished for long legs and so it goes. I enjoyed this one...Thanks Norma

Deborah M. said...

I'm glad to know that I will reap some benefit from a lifetime putting up with these hips and thighs.