Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Off to buy a mop and kitty litter

Lately, I've become careless--I've been stopping at the grocery store after exercise class. Appearing in public in the retiree's uniform--sweat pants and athletic shoes is something I swore (in 2000) I wouldn't do. Lately, I've been telling myself a lie--"No one will notice." But yesterday I listened to Miss Smarty Pants on BlogTalkRadio, and she cautioned against this. And she's absolutely correct--you can wear white shoes after Labor Day, but Oh Dear, if you're my age, please do not appear in public looking like you've just been to exercise class (unless you're getting your exercise outdoors). No matter how good your legs were when you were 25, those days are gone--usually around your knees.

So I came home, showered, shampooed, and now I'm heading to Meijer's where I'll probably buy more than I intended, but I won't frighten small children and dogs.

No comments: