Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A glimpse of the future?

Our internet is down--I'm at the library with the other homeless and out of work. I'm looking around at the wonderful book collection, wondering. . .

Our neighborhood is so small it's hard to get the cable company to pay attention to us. Some have switched companies but their service is no better. I don't know when our cable lines were laid, sometime since my 30th birthday, but I'm sure they are frayed and fragile. And the faucet squeaks, and the dryer is broken, and the road tar is still on the van, and the bottom panel of the garage door is looking a bit funky from water damage, and the cat has a funny cough, and the racks in the dishwasher are still rusting, and I woke up at 1:30 thinking about all the things that aren't working.

However, the good news is the President is flying to Denmark and ignoring the war, the terrorists, and healthcare, and the USAToday says RV sales are up, so someone is doing well or at least planning some short trips.

No comments: