Thursday, September 24, 2009

Isn't this what the diversity czar recommends?

B. Joseph White, University of Illinois president, resigned amid reports the school admitted politically connected applicants over more qualified at the Urbana campus (my alma mater). Sounds like today's news stories about Mark Lloyd. And what a throw back to the 50s. When I went to school, there was a terrific dating ratio created by the school's policy on women. We were a rather select minority because standards were higher for women applicants--I think you had to be in the upper 10% of your graduating class, but for men it was probably upper third. Maybe that's an urban legend, but that's what I was told when I asked why it was 4:1, men to women. Really, if you couldn't get a date for Friday night. . . I'm just saying.

Anyway, back to my point. We now have within the Obama administration a "diversity czar," Mark Lloyd, who believes in order to move minorities (apparently don't have to be poor or disadvantaged--just have to have the right skin color) to positions of power, some in the majority group (i.e., people of European roots who haven't co-mingled their genes) will have to voluntarily (or not) step down. Nothing about qualifications, skills, merit, intelligence. Just ethnicity. Just color. Hmmm. Call me crazy but I think America went that route and decided it wasn't right. This should make some of Obama's closest associates a little nervous, like Buffy and Toes and Dr. Death. I'm not sure being a Jew gets you any points with Mr. Lloyd, or even being a white, female union activist. Unless Buffy is a lesbian, then she's safe. Being a well connected to radicals and communists, wealthy black Chicagoan will "move you on up to the East side."

I'm really not familiar with White or the allegations, but when Blago and Rezko's names come up, the crumbs always seems to lead to Obama, so I'm sure it's best for all if he just fades to gray.

No comments: