Monday, October 12, 2009

Shabby chic or forgot to dress?

Ever since I made the mistake a few weeks ago of thinking the woman wearing fuchsia leggings with high heels at the drug store was a fashion aberration I've been reluctant to make observations. I'm so out of the fashion know. However, let me ask you about this one. What am I missing here?

A very attractive young woman (ca. 30), brunette, tasteful make-up, nice figure (what I could see), came in the coffee shop. She was wearing a large, gold color sweatshirt hoodie, khaki colored, above-the-knee baggie shorts, a very long, skinny plaid scarf wrapped once around her neck and draped across her body, below the knee, bare legs, and medium high heels, sort of a wedgie.


It wasn't as bad as this gal, but it did make me wonder if it is this year's look. I'm sure shabby chic went out a few years ago, so does "rolled out of bed" or "missionary barrel" or "pot luck" have a name?

No comments: