Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Best carpet spot cleaner I've found

A bottle of glass cleaner--can be Windex, or just a blue or green knock-off. We have a cat. Hair balls and vomited dyed cat food (that's for owners since I think cats are color blind). The first time I grabbed a bottle of window cleaner it was because it was handy. In my office and our lower family room/laundry room level we have very tightly woven, expensive commercial carpet that could serve a busy theater lobby it's so good. This stuff cleaned it like a dream and left no light spots. So the next time she tossed her cookies on the white living room thick shag, I tried it on that. Works like a dream.

Today I'm taking a bottle with me to exercise class with a heavy cloth (paper towels are OK, but can come apart and then you're cleaning up paper pieces). The carpet in our fellowship hall is disgusting. People are very careless with food and coffee spills, and I think I'll try some spot cleaning. I've made no progress after a year+ of complaining about the pink soap dribbling and staining the white counters in the ladies room. I even brought one of the pastors in to show him. Our maintenance staff must not notice the pink stains turning gray. It's useless to remind people to be cleaner and cautious because of the flu if the rest rooms and carpet look grubby, don't you think? I'm a visual person. The visual environment counts too!!

No comments: