Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday Memories--our 50th Christmas

We decorated the tree Saturday. As I was placing a shabby, scarred, blue flocked bulb on the tree I commented that this was our 50th Christmas, and it dropped and shattered. Well, it had a useful, long life. The tree we bought in 1993, and have definitely gotten our money's worth, but it is shedding almost as much as a natural tree, and each year, we toss 5 or 6 branches that break. The first photo below is me with the tree we had in 1969--a cut tree which we put in the dining room to keep a certain curious little boy from taking it apart (put a baby gate up). Many of the decorations are still the same 40 years later. I buy one or two new ones each year. We gave up the tinsel in the late 70s when Mystery our first cat ate them and they ended up decorating the litter box.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness you look like your sister in this photo.

Three Score and Ten or more said...

This will be our 51st, why do you look younger than we do?

Norma said...

Anon: I've been told that as long as I can remember. When our children were little and we were visiting one came to me and said, Oh, I thought you were mom. His sister said, you can tell by her feet it isn't mom.