Sunday, November 22, 2009

THANKSGIVING BLOGGING BREAK

It's a mistake at my house to ever clean out a drawer. Take yesterday. I stopped to read a 1981 invitation for a reunion of McKinley Hall (University of Illinois) residents which included married names, and found my old roommate on the Internet. I've e-mailed her, but. . .I find so many things set aside for another day. Things I could finish if I weren't blogging or researching crazy health bills or reading your blog. I am up to my mascara-free eye lashes in
dust,
clutter,
halls to deck,
unread books,
unprinted files,
shirts not ironed,
buttons not sewn,
computer glitches,
recipes not tasted,
sinks not scrubbed,
decorations to unpack,
Christmas letter labels,
notes to the ill and bereaved,
good
deeds
left
undone,

holiday money appeals to examine,
walks to take before it gets too cold,
veterinarian and doctor appointments,
and to top it all off there is mold growing in the store room!

Does anyone need a dark green baby crib
just 42 years old with a few missing pieces or
wooden poles for heavy lined drapes or
a bathtub grab bar (we have no bathtub) or
five kinds of solvent and wallpaper paste?

Update for a joke:

~ A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store but she couldn't find one big enough for her family.

She asked a stock boy, "Do these turkeys get any bigger?"

The stock boy replied, "No ma'am, they're dead."

2 comments:

Great West Life assurance said...

Hi. This is exactly also my problem. Sometimes when I realize how much time I spend on the internet reading blogs and other stuff, I feel very bad because of other things I could do instead of it. However, big part of my work is connected with using of the internet and I can say that when I make serious plan the time on the internet is much more effective. Despite the fact that Canadian Thanksgiving was few weeks ago I wish you Happy Thanksgiving.

Good luck,
Lorne

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my house!! We all have good intentions--just too many great interuptions. Have a great Turkey Day! Love, Jerry