Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A new blog coming on?

Sometimes it's like an itch you can't scratch, but I've been thinking about a new blog--would be my 13th I think. However, I have several I've not been keeping up, like my hobby bloggy on first issue magazines (I must have hundreds), what's on my bookshelves, coffee shop conversations (some are too wild to repeat), and the class reunion (it was 2 years ago).

The other day I scanned something for the class reunion blog. It was an award I'd earned in 8th grade for reading and was given at graduation. I had no memory of this or the books we read, and no one has responded to my questions. Surely I wasn't the only kid who got one of these? Total silence. But while I was rummaging around in the basement storage area, I again pulled out grandma Mary's box of clippings, papers and scrapbooks. And I could feel it coming on. . . a web log devoted to paper memorabilia.


Also just this morning I found a really nice blogger dot com template web site. I haven't looked at all the possibilities yet, but lots of variety and good design.

Maybe I could do it just for a month the way I did Memory Patterns in November 2005.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got something like that in grade school but didn't catch on to really reading a lot until high school. My mother read to us as kids at lot...and as my youngest sisters is 8 yrs younger and the others sister was/is a "real" reader(four books a week on average)I'd listen to stories two or three times...some passages I can still recall to memory,not prefectly but close. I didn't get a lot of awards in school and I know I didn't save them..I threw old report cards away because my math grades were so awful..and so it goes. Nice piece...and I am very glad someone saved this stuff. New blog idea is good one-looking forward to it...a selective reader