Monday, January 04, 2016

LBD

A friend called this an LBD.  So I looked it up and found "Lewy Body Disease," but she meant Little Black Dress.

It's hard to find a dress that 1) covers your arms, 2) is below the knee, 3) has a flared skirt, and 4) doesn't dip to the navel in the front.  When I saw this last Spring at Macy's going out of business sale, I bought it without trying it on.  So I wore it to church.

Dress up, dress up for Jesus, ye women of the cross
Pack up designer blue jeans, it will not be a loss.
From picnic unto ball game His army you can lead,
But please for Sunday meeting, let Christ be Lord indeed.

Dress up, dress up for Jesus, don't let me be alone;
Your flesh I'm tired of seeing, you cannot trust your own.
Put on a suit or dress, each piece put on with prayer;
When playground duty calls you, then let your jeans go there.

Dress up, dress up for Jesus, each fam'ly to its post
Go forth into the conflict, and shout with all the host
You will not look so casual, from head unto your toes
Let grace and taste and beauty, give strength to trend oppose.

2 comments:

Paula said...

You look lovely. One of my relatives died young from Lewy Body Disease, but I still think of LBD as little black dress. It's nice to wear something dressy to church or temple or to celebrate a holiday. I'm not sure why it's now trendy and "cool" to look sloppy everywhere. Dislike! I dressed up pretty fancy for NYE at a friend's house. It was fun. :)

Norma said...

That puzzles me too, Paula. I don't think jeans and a t-shirt look cool except for very casual occasions--but then my mother and grandmother probably wouldn't wear jeans and athletic shoes during the week as I do. I see the same with men and suits. My husband is an usher, and used to wear a suit, has down graded to slacks and sport coat, but even then, only the men over 60 do that--the rest are in slacks and dress shirt, and the younger men in jeans. Only the black Christians have kept the faith in hats and nice appearance.