Sunday, January 10, 2016

Marco Rubio on Bill Clinton's sex life, Donald Trump's plans

“Those are issues [Bill Clinton] that in my mind are going to be discussed by others in this campaign. They want to raise them, they can raise them,” the Florida senator told The Daily Caller in a phone interview Saturday. “That’s not what my campaign is focused on.
“I’m not offended by it,” Rubio continued, referring to other campaigns raising the issue of Clinton’s sexual past. “It’s true, it’s on the record and I think it exposes a tremendous amount of hypocrisy in the mainstream media. I believe had that been a figure on the Right, the mainstream media would be giving extensive coverage to it.”

“But,” he said, “I, in my campaign, am going to focus on the issues that are confronting our country and the damage Barack Obama has done and how we are going to reverse them.”
Asked about the new emails released this week from Hillary Clinton’s time at the State Department, including one where the Democratic presidential frontrunner seems to explain to an underling how to send classified information on an unsecured server, Rubio said he didn’t yet have “a chance to review them, but I think it is par for the course.”

“We know for a fact that she was looking for the most convenient way possible to read this information even if it irresponsibly subjected not just classified, but sensitive information to foreign espionage,” he said.
“I think it was recklessness on her part and I think it disqualifies her to be commander in chief,” he added.
Speaking of Republican frontrunner Donald Trump, Rubio said that he didn’t think the real estate billionaire was running as a conservative, but said he intends to support the Republican nominee for president, even if it ends up being Trump.

“I think Donald Trump is running as someone who is angry at Washington, at what Washington is doing wrong, and offers to shake it up,” Rubio said. “But when it comes to the specific policies to shake it up, they are not conservative policies.”

Pressed on whether he could support Trump as the Republican nominee, Rubio said: “Well, I am going to support the Republican nominee, as I said before, whoever that is, but I don’t think it will be Donald Trump when it is all said and done. I think it is going to be me.”

Some have speculated the so-called establishment might get behind Rubio when the primary heads into New Hampshire as a way to potentially blunt or stop the momentum of Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz  coming out of Iowa. Asked whether he has sought the endorsements of John McCain and Mitt Romney, the last two winners of the New Hampshire primary who remain popular in the Granite State, Rubio said he hasn’t “talked to either one of them about ever endorsing me.”

“[W]e need to win this campaign on our own,” he said. “I don’t think voters in New Hampshire — or Iowa for that matter — are going to base their votes on endorsements.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/09/rubio-on-bill-clintons-sexual-scandals-not-what-my-campaign-is-focused-on/

No comments: