Monday, December 06, 2004

633 The Chapped Baby

Not really. This is my great-nephew (my brother's grandson) wearing his "chaps" that his mommy made for him. Mom and Dad love to ride horses. Isn't this just so cute!

Chapped baby

The term "Chaps" comes from the Spanish word chaparajos from chaparreras and means leather leggings joined together by a belt or lacing and worn by ranch hands.

With this cute baby photo, I announce I've joined "Homespun Bloggers" and you'll see the hot button all the way down on the left. This is a group for bloggers who are not professional writers, who just like to blog, and are "family friendly." One requirement of joining is you feature other Homespun bloggers (I do a lot of that already), and the main page also features a "best of Homespun" group. I've looked through several, and they are indeed wholesome and good natured. Click on the button. You too might be homespun, even if your nephew doesn't wear chaps.

No comments: