Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen from the hotel lobby

1)Yesterday my laptop failed, so I walked to the hotel in the dark where I'm typing at 5:15 a.m. At least no one is around.

2) The time hasn't been set to EST on this machine and it says I'm up even earlier.

3) I spent a lot of time yesterday taking photos for a photo essay, but can't download them.

4) I don't want to reload the software because I'll lose all the great photos I downloaded last summer and this summer.

5) My home computer has stopped reading CDs--it keeps telling me to "insert CD" and doesn't recognize them.

6) Sounds like it is time to call a computer whiz guy to spend some time with both of them.

7) In the meanwhile, I won't be visiting many Thursday Thirteeners today.

8) To my right is the fire extinquisher

9) next to it is the water fountain.

9) Then on my left there is a large chalk board and an artificial plant.

10) The chair is very uncomfortable.

11) The tiny table (seems to be from a kindergarten class 50 years ago) on which the computer is sitting is so low that my knees won't fit under it.

12) So I'm sitting side saddle.

13) I hope you're grateful for this Thursday's Thirteen.

4 comments:

JAM said...

Now THAT is blog dedication!

You have water, and a fire extinguisher, I guess you're set for a while.

On your desktop computer that doesn't read CDs any more, you could buy an external cd/dvd writer that simply plugs into one of the USB ports on your computer. You can find them for under $100 pretty easily.

You can also buy a replacement for the one inside your computer, and it's simple to replace, but if you haven't done that before, it can be intimidating. The internal ones are usually cheaper too, but they aren't as simple as the external ones that you just plug in to a USB port.

Cindy Swanson said...

Norma, I too admire your blogging dedication! I can't give you any advice, but hang in there. :)

You're welcome to visit my TT today, but I'll certainly understand if you don't!

Anonymous said...

"Dedication".... must be one of your middle names!
Love the lakeside photos!
Thanks for the bright spot.

Lisa said...

I was gonna say you were dedicated, but they beat me to it.

Happy Thursday.