Sunday, October 26, 2008

The International Herald Tribune regrets

Not that I expected it to print my comments--I never give out all that detail (phone, address, eye color, handedness, all identity stuff) that you need, and still your comments will never appear--your identify just goes into a database. I just wanted to let them know that the comments of Joe Biden My Time promising Barack's election would cause an international crisis appeared in their paper a few days before our local journalists thought to mention it. At another international on-line news service (Pakistan) I think I noticed the phrase "Islamic terrorists", whereas the USAToday had called them "insurgents" when they burned down a building storing cooking oil intended for families with daughters enrolled in school.

At the bottom of the Tribune's nice "thanks but no thanks" response I saw this warning.
    -
    In order to preserve the environment, please do not print this message unless it is necessary.

    This e-mail message, including any attachments, is destined solely for the recipients detailed above and may not therefore be divulged or communicated to any other persons. Any modification, publication, use or dissemination is prohibited if not authorized by the International Herald Tribune.
So you are seeing an unauthorized response to my e-mail complimenting them on their coverage of a very alarming incident that happened twice in one day in the U.S. on the Biden by-hook-or-by-crook march to the White House.

No comments: