Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why some guys 40+ aren't married

Good essay, but this was in the comments:
. . . people who put a highest priority on family life tend to seek out opportunities to make a family for themselves as soon as possible, and this is especially true of women. A man who waits until he is 40 to start seriously looking for a wife has to contend with the fact that most of the women who make the best wives and mothers were looking for a mate sometime in their 20′s, and they’ve had ample time to find one.
Why I’m Glad I Haven’t Gotten Married….Yet | Right Wing News

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
Where does love fit into this? I kinda thought that's what marriage was all about!

Norma said...

Murray, you and I got married very young (not to each other, of course), so we got the cream of the crop, pick of the litter, and best of the bunch--so I think love is important but also having the top draft choices too.

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
Hmmmm!Yeah we fell in love and then got married. I guess now they get married and then try to build a compatible relationship. But,what do I know. I'm just one of those old codgers that Obamacare will squeeze the life out of to end my benefits.

Norma said...

Hadn't you heard? Now instead of death panels, the progressives are promising that Republicans will push you off the cliff in your wheel chair. Really, they know no shame.

Anonymous said...

what does death panels have to do with marrying for love? Did I miss sometime.Or was the opportunity just to great to take another swipe. Talk about knowing no shame.

Norma said...

Sorry you missed the point. You have to read Murray's comment which mentions Obamacare. And no, "knowing no shame" wasn't the topic--it was about age and marriage. Your comment is off topic because it's a swipe at me. This is blog and I'll take a swipe at anything I wish. You can do that your blog.

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
LOL... as the Liberal speaks out anonymously!

Norma said...

Yes, libs are very bold.