Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Browsing the new books at UAPL

I stopped by the Upper Arlington Public Library today to return 2 books I didn't read--one on laptops and one on i-pods. Or was it i-pad. But I did find the Teddy Roosevelt book we're doing for bookclub next month. The records are extremely difficult to read, so I had actually reserved one thinking they were all checked out, but one was on the shelf, so a staff person had to remove my reserve.

Then I went to the New Books Non-Fiction shelf. This is always an interesting exercise because I always look through the 200s--religion. Those darn Christians--the shelf is wiped clean as usual! Just other religions like wicca, four on Judaism and a "why I left the [right wing] church" title. You can't even find a Christian book on this library's "holiday" book list. But that's old news. I blogged about that before.

But I see on the new book list they do have Glenn Beck's new book on George Washington. One. With seventeen holds.

Ah yes, banning books in the selection process. A time honored tradition.

No comments: