Wednesday, May 04, 2016

We all lost in Indiana

Elections have consequences. In 2008 there were many black and white Republicans who crossed over and voted for Obama, thinking, "Finally, we can put racial hatred and animosity behind us." Ha! It's never been worse in my life time and now we have the marriage and bathroom wars. And in 2012, there were so many self-righteous Christians who sat it out because they didn't want to vote for a Mormon. So we've finally come to the day I thought would never happen. (Last night my son reminded me of all the times I lectured him on voting.) I will not vote for a misogynist, narcissistic, pro-choice, buffoon who feeds on fear of immigrants and "others" and makes promises even more vague than Hope and Change. I've believed all along he was a decoy to get Hillary elected, so my vote won't matter, but my conscience will be clear.

I'm with Ilya Somin who is an immigrant (USSR), a professor at the George Mason University School of Law, an adjunct scholar at the Cato Institute, a blogger for the Volokh Conspiracy, a libertarian, author, and daddy of a darling baby girl . He wrote a book titled Democracy and Political Ignorance: Why Smaller Government is Smarter. Maybe now he can write one on how we threw it all away.

"A great evil has come to pass tonight. The GOP has taken a big step towards becoming ...a US version of the National Front. I have never had much confidence in voters. But, in 2016, even the little I had has proven to be excessive. Still, I am as ‪#‎NeverTrump‬ as ever, and the fight against him must continue by any and all available means. 
It is a dark time in American politics, the darkest in my lifetime (and not solely because of Trump). But they also serve who work to keep evil times from getting even worse." (FB post)
 "The followers of Donald Trump did not act like Republicans, did not act like Christians and did not act like Americans. They acted like a pack of dogs looking to kill anything that was good and right about our country and our freedoms. Donald Trump legitimized their hatred and they let it show on a daily basis." http://thecommontruth.net/.../-freedom-died-today-05032016

No comments: