Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Do you have Amazon Prime on file?

Anna reports:  "My Public Service Announcement for the day. Don't keep a credit card number on file at Amazon. I had a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime last November/December and cancelled it at the time. The other day I got an email from Amazon telling me that the credit card I had on file at Amazon (so I could do one-click ordering) was no good (it had gotten hacked, so we shut it down a couple of months ago), so they had been unable to charge me $99 to renew my Amazon Prime. I didn't have a current Amazon Prime account that was due for renewal. Amazon just decided out of the blue to bill my card for a year's subscription, just because it was there and they could. Thank goodness the card was no good. I have removed all credit card info from Amazon. So it will take me a few more clicks to order. I can deal with that."

No comments: