Saturday, September 08, 2018

NFL role model Warrick Dunn

Warrick Dunn explained  why he started working to help families like Watson’s make a better life for themselves.

“My rookie year in the NFL, in Tampa, I was challenged by coach [Tony] Dungy,” Dunn said. He told us, ‘If you are going to live in this community, you want to be a part of this community and give back.’ From that challenge, I thought about my mom and her dream of home ownership, and that’s how it all started. We did three homes in 1997, and now we’re up to 159.

Now wouldn’t Dunn with winner be a better Nike spokesman than Kaepernick, the whiner?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/19/nfl-warrick-dunn-homes-holidays-habitiat-humanity-deshaun-watson

"Because I have been able to build a reputation as a talented player, I have been able to build futures. Because I am able to play, I am able to make a difference. Because I have been blessed with a talent, I also have been given a responsibility."

http://www.warrickdunn.com/bio.html

No comments: