Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Note from a friend on the current situation

“I thought toilet paper hoarding was bad.  Well freezers are worse.  I went to a small Sears store this am as I needed some parts.  The store manager was on the phone and he sold a freezer over the phone.  I asked him if selling a freezer over the phone was normal?  He said yes.  He said he sells many every day over the phone.  He said he has no freezer inventory, all the incoming order product is sold, and his future orders he was placing today are all sold.  He said the factories are running like crazy but they can not keep up.  As I was leaving a couple talked to him or more appropriately begged him to sell a floor model.  Unfortunately I would bet no freezers are made in the USA any more.  The last time I looked at a new refrigerator we bought a FEW MONTHS AGO IT SAID MADE IN MEXICO.”

Note: there are still appliances made in the U.S.A. http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/appliances.html

No comments: