Monday, May 11, 2020

The value of a job

“There is no job that’s better than another job,” he continued. “It might pay better, it might have better benefits, it might look better on a resume and on paper, but actually it’s not better. Every job is worthwhile and valuable, and if we have a kind of a rethinking about that because of what’s happened to me, that would be great, but no one should feel sorry for me, either from a positive or a negative perspective. I’ve had a great life, I’ve had a great career, and I’ve had a career that most actors would die for.”

Spoken by Geoffrey Owens who played Bill Cosby's son-in-law in an interview with ABC's Robin Roberts, after he was "job-shamed" on social media for working at Trader Joe's between acting jobs. It was just a little blip in 2018 which I ran across today. Let people go back to work and stop shaming them, stop bullying them if they see dignity in work

No comments: