Sunday, September 13, 2009

H1N1 Flu

I've been looking over the suggestions at the Ohio State health site (even has a blog) and the CDC 2009 H1N1 Flu site, and it looks to me that one of the best things you can do is get the regular flu shot, because I don't really see much difference in the list of symptoms. In fact, I see no difference.
    •fever greater than 100 degrees
    •cough
    •sore throat
    •body aches
    •headache
    •chills and fatigue
    •respiratory congestion
So if you feel crappy, at least you can partially rule out regular flu, and also, you're not in a weakened condition if exposed to the swine flu. Third, many more people have died from plain old seasonal flu than the H1N1 type. In May 2009 CDC reported "With seasonal flu, we see in the United States over 30 million cases. We see 200,000 hospitalizations and, on average, 36,000 deaths."

Also, I don't think this will help the economy much with people missing work at the first sign of a sniffle and staying home from cultural and sporting events, which in turn hurts restaurants.

I just hate, hate, hate even catching a cold, which for me usually lasts 6 weeks. So I'll really be awful if I get the flu.

And while researching this I came across the sites that think this is a conspiracy between the government and big pharma and I think the WHO (UN) is in that mix someplace. Yawn. Have you noticed evil and sin can never happen or evolve. There always has to be a committee planning it?

No comments: