Friday, September 04, 2009

Seventy sunrises

We've been here at Lake Erie for 10 of the last 11 weeks, and I've walked the lakefront every morning at sunrise. I think I needed a jacket only 3 times--the rest of the time was just a long sleeve shirt and sweat pants. I didn't always have my camera, but when I didn't I always regretted it--each sunrise is different, and the September is about an hour later than the late June. First I was watching the 6 o'clock ferry from Marblehead to Kelley's, then the 7 o'clock. I wasn't alone; I saw the gate keepers arrive, dog walkers, freighters, sail boats, fishermen, kayak, coffee drinkers, Bible readers, lovers, coast guard maneuvers, families of mallards swimming and purple martins breakfasting, feral cats and an occasional skunk and bat. Only once did I get caught in a shower, and it was brief. The big storms seemed to be in the evening.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful


Hokulea