Saturday, March 14, 2015

Shoe buying isn’t as easy as it used to be

Some time in the late 1990s, I bought several pair of summer sandals, all costing about $5 each at K-Mart.  I think I still have one pair. Over the years I’ve tried several different styles, sizes, but have never found any summer foot wear that worked for me.  I’ve had some luck with Clark brand, and occasionally can find an 8.5 narrow (usually I have to settle for an 8 medium).  So today I ordered this, not my preferred color (white), but the only one in my size.

sandals Clarks

Clarks call this style Saylie Medway. I’m hoping those buckles are real, and not just Velcro. I had sandals like this in the 70s and 80s, as I recall, and they seemed to last forever (or because they are summer only shoes just seem that way. I would have preferred a beige or denim, but we’ll see how this works and how many hours I can actually wear them.

As someone wise once said, take care of your feet and they’ll take care of you. And I actually found a blog that says that.

Since the feet are the foundation of the body, they have a direct affect on most aspects of your health, particularly if you are a diabetic of have Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD). But even without these chronic ailments, your feet play an important role in your everyday life and health. They are on the front lines of everything you do and your feet’s skin is the first line of defense.

No comments: