Sunday, March 15, 2015

Teachers with benefits earn $56.72/hour

“Private industry employers spent an average of $31.32 per hour worked for total employee compensation in December 2014, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Wages and salaries
averaged $21.72 per hour worked and accounted for 69.4 percent of these costs, while benefits averaged $9.60 and accounted for the remaining 30.6 percent.

Total compensation costs for state and local government workers averaged $43.95 per hour worked in December 2014. Total employer compensation costs for civilian workers, which include private industry and state and local government workers, averaged $33.13 per hour worked in December 2014.

Employer Costs for Employee Compensation (ECEC), a product of the National Compensation Survey, measures employer costs for wages, salaries, and employee benefits for nonfarm private and state and local government workers. Private industry employer costs for paid leave benefits averaged $2.16 per hour worked in December 2014. Private industry costs for paid leave include vacation leave which averaged $1.13 per hour worked, holiday leave which averaged 66 cents, sick leave which averaged 26 cents, and personal leave which averaged 12 cents in December 2014. Paid leave benefit costs are often directly linked to wages; therefore, higher paid occupations or industries will typically show higher estimates for this compensation component. Private industry paid leave benefit costs were highest for management, professional, and related occupations at $4.67 per hour worked, or 8.4 percent of total compensation, in December 2014. Costs were lowest among service occupations at 56 cents, or 3.9 percent of total compensation.  Included in this amount were employer costs for vacations, holidays, sick leave, and personal leave.”

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/ecec.pdf

1 comment:

Images Animated Gif said...

Hi,
Come and take beautiful gif images for blog free st patrick's day, aquariums, butterflies, flowers, waterfalls, animals, love ...
Images Animated Gif