Sunday, November 02, 2003

#65 Ghost in the family


Four new people showed up in writing class, so the instructor said, "Let's all go around and introduce ourselves." I was first, said 2 sentences (I know that is hard to believe, but true)."My name is Norma and I'm a retired OSU librarian. I write essays and poetry." This group is full of a lot of wisdom and life experience, and more than a little loneliness. Each person told a little bit more, then the next one more, and it took 50 minutes of a 2 hour class to get through the introductions.

After a few readings of the former assignment, which we didn't have time to finish in that class, we did a few of this week's (my Rachel and Nancy story in my blog, #20 I think). We worked right through the rest room break!

Then there were 2 minutes left and she said, "Write about a ghost in your family." Yes, that's our next assignment for writing class. Don't have one. Don't believe in it. Not into that spiritualism, navel gazing, seance stuff. So I'll stretch the boundaries a bit and write about someone who was everywhere I went and lived.

No comments: