Saturday, November 29, 2003

#111 [In the] Black Friday

I never shop the two days after Thanksgiving. I always look at those six hour specials that I see in the fliers on Thanksgiving Day. This year I even noted that there was an $88 digital camera at Target and my daughter’s Christmas china was 50% off at Lazarus, but still I didn’t venture out on Black Friday.

I hear that the economy is depending on me! It’s the cost of freedom I heard on a talk show this morning! It’s just too much pressure! What ever happened to the good news, that God in Jesus Christ humbled himself and became one of us?

This year I’ll again take the time to write seasonal checks to Nurturing Network (saves unborn babies by helping the mothers), Lutheran Bible Translators (380 million still waiting for a Bible in their own language), Cat Welfare (caring for homeless cats), Samaritan’s Purse (outreach to children), and our church, which needs to retire a large mortgage. It still puts money into circulation, even if it doesn’t benefit the retailers

No comments: