Tuesday, December 16, 2003

#143 Blog flog

One of my most loyal readers of this blog is my son (did I tell you he could identify all the letters of the alphabet before he could speak a word?). Last night he asked me why I hadn’t blogged about Saddam.

My husband told me about his capture when I walked in the door Sunday morning about 7:45 a.m., returning from the coffee shop. For once, I hadn’t turned on the news at 6 a.m., and apparently neither had any of the others I usually see there, because no one was talking about it. There are two reasons not to blog.

1) The first words out of my mouth were, “This is bad news for Democrats.” I thought that was too cynical and unkind to record here, but two days later they (except for Liberman) are proving me correct.

2) Every blog, pundit, and news outlet would be going on and on and on, I figured. I was right again.

No need to say anything, except why I’m not saying anything, except this, of course.

Later: It didn't occur to me to wonder what the BBC would say--we know it will always put the U.S. in a negative light. See this blog for more.

No comments: