Thursday, August 12, 2004

418 If I'd only known

There was a period of time in the 1960s when we didn't own a car--only had a bicycle. Then there was a period of 2 or 3 years when I'd let my driver's license lapse (another story, very sad). Finally, it looked like I'd need to start driving again after about five years as a passenger/pedestrian. So we selected the rock bottom, cheapest American car on the market--a 1965 Plymouth Belvedere and the end of the year sell-off. It had a heater, but no radio. That's how basic it was. Light, bland as oatmeal with skim milk, blue. When we were through with it, we sold it to my Aunt and Uncle in Illinois and they drove it a few more years.

Imagine my shock and awe last week when I glanced through the full page ad in the WSJ of August 4 and saw one listed in a Collector Car Auction.

No comments: