Friday, April 07, 2006

2359 Ugly at any price!

Wall Street Journal real estate ads fascinate me. Today I saw one for a "villa" in Highland Beach, Florida. I think the bargain was $7.5 million and the upscale model was $9 million. 6,500 sq. ft. with beach view, which is good because you'd never want to actually see this, and if it faces the water, no one would. It's so ugly, blogger.com refused to load it the first 2 times I tried! Anyway, you can contact Greg and Cindy at Seasideagents.com if you want something at this price, uglier than your neighbor's Hummer.
If you go north a bit to St. Augustine in Florida you can get a 3 BR, 2 BA home with views of the lst fairway at Marsh Creek Country Club in a gated community with a clubhouse, pool and 18 hole golf course for "only" $580,000. I think I'd check on the hurricane patterns. Although I don't want a home in Florida, I'd say it looks like a better deal, and the photo, although a bit fuzzy, was nice too.

However, for my money, and maybe because I've been watching "Upstairs Downstairs" from this era, the 1917 home near the University of Chicago that overlooks the park (Hyde Park?) and has a doorman for $895,000 looked good. It has 6 BR, 4BA and 5,000 sq. ft and is a co-op. This is at www.century21krm.com

No comments: