Friday, September 25, 2009

Cathy's Clown

He's probably a great grandfather by now--that poor dejected guy that Cathy dumped back in 1960, she was "treating him so bad," that his heart felt cry went to the top of the charts for the Everly Brothers. I was thinking about him this morning because we were moving to this in exercise class. Our instructor is probably around 40, has a toddler she brings to class, and wouldn't have even been born yet when the Everly Brothers were heart throbs. Gosh, they were cute (now 70 and 72).



When you see me shed a tear,
And you know that it's sincere,
Doncha think it's kinda sad
That you're treatin' me so bad,
Or don't you even care?

Don't want your lo-o-o-o-ove anymore.
Don't want your ki-i-i-i-isses, that's for sure.
I die each time
I hear this sound:
"Here he co-o-o-o-omes. That's Cathy's clown.
That's Cathy's clown.
That's Cathy's clown."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wake up little Suzy!