Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall Art Show at the Church at Mill Run

One of the campuses of UALC, the Church at Mill Run, has the best hanging space for art in Columbus. The halls are the width of a high way, there is natural light, and the hanging system is Arakawa. The UALC members are having an art show this fall. The building is closed on Friday and Saturday to cut utility costs, but if you like to attend art shows Sunday through Thursday, this might be doable. And I'm in it. I don't enter many art shows. First, mine are always NFS, and some shows have rules that something has to be for sale. Second, I'm not competitive. If I like it, fine. I don't care what someone else thinks. I'm the same way with sports, link exchanges to up my stats, committee appointments and board games. Winning is not for me. But I stopped and looked at it last Thursday, and I think it is a very strong show. One of our pastors, Dave Drumel, has put some of his work in, Bev has entered some nice things (forgotten what that's called), my neighbor Joan has a lovely display of her photography of their most recent trip to Italy, and there's a variety of media.




The two on the end are my husbands, three in the middle mine. All are of Lakeside or Marblehead.




Our missionary to Haiti and pastor's wife, Pam Mann, is a very talented artist. These are some of her t-shirts, especially designed for our programming.

No comments: