Tuesday, December 20, 2011

No pizza tonight

I was sure hungry for a pizza. I mentioned it to my husband, and he had his taste buds set. But I had a colonoscopy today and they told me to be careful about what I ate. So I'm fixing mac and cheese, I'll skip the cole slaw, but probably have the applesauce.

Colonoscopies are very important--they are the only test that can prevent cancer, but the preparation is certainly unpleasant. So is listening to the doctor and nurse discuss the movies they've seen during the procedure. My mother, my paternal grandmother and my father's sister all had colon cancer, so despite the unpleasantness, it's an important preventative step.

I was a bit groggy when I got home--not much sleep last night--and I slept for 3 hours.

The nurse also warned me to stay off Facebook and the Blog. Apparently some people can't be trusted even after a mild anesthetic.

Still, pizza sure sounded good.

No comments: