Monday, August 04, 2014

It’s Peace and Justice Week at Lakeside

I'm not at all interested in this week's educational offerings at Lakeside, so I think I'll make up my own schedule and work a little harder at my physical therapy. The Lakeside Women's Club at 1:30 on Tuesday has a violinist; there's a bird walk on Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. and a history lecture about the Chautauqua movement at 3:30; there's a program about invasive carp at 1:30 on Friday, and the foreign affairs program at 2:30. Haven't done a tram tour in a number of years--might sign up for that.

If you are visiting friends and family in northwestern Ohio today, bring bottled water. Algae bloom and toxins in Lake Erie have contaminated Toledo's water supply. http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2014/08/03/Water-crisis-grips-area.html

No comments: