Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Not me

How do you read books? 
#reading

Not me. I read books like the dieter sneaking snack food. I even cheat by reading the ending or sometimes just the footnotes. I like them free or cheap at the resale shop, and I won't read them if underlined. I keep some for pets and adornments. I hang on to some because my mother's name is inside. I keep a book in my lap just in case the TV show is boring, and a few in the car in case the trip is endless. A house without books might as well be haunted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, books! I just finished "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic the man that was born without legs or arms.
He told in one chapter about being eaten by Transylvania mosquitoes in Romania while on a speaking tour. He had his helper spray him with anti-itch spray. He then promptly had an allergic reaction to the spray. Then the hotel air conditioner went out. ..We often don't realize how good we have it. (smile) G.