Thursday, February 20, 2020

My visit with the GE washer repairman

My 18 year old Maytag started making death rattle noises, so on February 4 I went to Lowe's and bought a new GE washer.  It was delivered and installed on February 5, and by the 5th load on the 13th it began leaking.  Because of Phil's illness and hospitalization on the 15th, I didn't get a call into repair until yesterday thinking I had a day before Phil's release.  The repairman came this morning.  He quickly figured out the problem (which I had guessed): the drain hose was not properly connected.  In fact, he told me I was lucky it hadn't flooded the whole basement, since it could easily have come off, instead of just leaking.  So he fixed it.

But.  He was so happy to have a live audience (me), he gave me all the information he learned in washing machine school.  I felt like I'd been to a workshop about saving water and the environment, getting clothes cleaner with a second rinse, and the best time to put in the soap.  He also assured me about all the new noises this model has.

No comments: