Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer

I missed the announcement, but heard it later on 98.9 FM. I went back and read his website, and it was quite moving.  He’ll have substitutes but hopes to continue.  Our recent experience with our son and his stage 4 glioblastoma tells us he’ll need all his strength and determination to work on the cancer, the treatment and the side effects, rather than his career.  Rush used to be a cigarette smoker, but quit a number of years ago. He often used the phrase, “My formerly nicotine stained fingers,” when ruffling though his papers.  I pray for a complete recovery. He faces a very rough time.

I did hear an amazing story yesterday on the Rush show while in the car when a child called in and told of a 7 week trip her family took to see all the locations mentioned in the history books he's written for children. Rush was deeply touched by her account, and I’m assuming it was before the announcement since it was shortly after 12 noon when he comes on in Columbus.

https://610wtvn.iheart.com/content/2020-02-03-rush-limbaugh-announces-he-has-advanced-lung-cancer2/

No comments: